Port Sudan, March 26 (Darfur24)
Sudan’s Foreign Ministry has rejected accusations by a US official that the Sudanese army carried out a deadly drone strike on Al-Daein Teaching Hospital in East Darfur.
In a statement, the ministry dismissed remarks by Massad Boulos, US advisor for Arab and African affairs, who said the Sudanese Armed Forces were responsible for the attack that killed dozens of civilians and damaged the hospital.
The ministry said the accusations were made without “verification or investigation,” describing them as lacking accuracy and objectivity. It added that such statements mislead public opinion and undermine efforts to achieve peace and stability in Sudan.
The statement also criticized Boulos for what it described as “baseless claims,” accusing him of bias against the Sudanese army.
Boulos had earlier described the strike as a “horrific act” in a post on the X platform, saying the attack killed at least 64 people and injured dozens, leaving the hospital out of service and depriving civilians of critical care.
He called on both sides to end the violence and agree to a humanitarian truce to ease civilian suffering and allow the wounded to receive treatment.
The drone strike, which targeted Al-Daein Teaching Hospital on the first day of Eid al-Fitr, killed at least 64 people, including women and children, and injured scores of others, according to local and medical sources.

